Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August 21, 2007 HDR Thriller (macro)


Karluv most macro, originally uploaded by mexikanec. Click on pic, see it in Flickr.

This pic above is pretty neat, but you GOTTA SEE IT IN LARGE ON BLACK to get the most out of the effect. It is an HDR shot, but it is also "tilt-shift" processed to artificially narrow the focal length in order to trick your eye into thinking it's a tiny model of a city bridge. This is a real city though...and here's the "normal" HDR pic without Tilt Shift processing.

Ironically, I used the search word "macro" to see if I could get a good closeup on a miniature subject. In a sense I sort of got that, but not in the way I was expecting.

I've found and posted other tilt-shift shots before...here's my fav from way back in March.

2 comments:

whathisname said...

Must say it's a very creative shot.

The HDR process adds the color and the short DOF adds the look.

Indeed like a miniature city.

Nice catch once again!

paisley said...

re your comment on my blog..."always glad to be of service!!!!"