Wednesday, June 20, 2007

June 20, 2007 HDR Thriller (lake)


Peyto Lake, originally uploaded by NY_Doll. Click on pics, see them in Flickr.

Now this is a Lake!! I've not seen water this color in a lake before...maybe in tropical marine waters, but not a lake. It looks like an opaque piece of the sky toppled over onto the ground. Just add the Canadian Rockies to my list of places to go (uhh, this list is getting kinda long). GOTTA SEE IT IN LARGE ON BLACK.


Need a twofer? Here's another by the same photgrapher, Peyto Lake, that gives a closeup of a stony bottom....and HERE IT IS IN LARGE. It actually kinda makes me thirsty.

3 comments:

Kim said...

what a lake HD!!!!
and I thought our Lake Macquarie was the most beautiful lake in the world...I may have to rethink that....
wonderful selection.....

Anonymous said...

That second capture makes me wish I drew more landscapes. I mean look at the reflections, just breathtaking.

Fantastic picks, as always.

HDReader said...

Definitely a peaceful place. And yes, M...I had been too busy marvelling at the visibility of the stony bottom to notice the really great reflections in it.