Friday, April 20, 2007

April 20, 2007 HDR Thriller (under)


Here I am, originally uploaded by bhophoto. Click on Pic, see it in Flickr.

Here is a real treat. A 9 exposure HDR that is close to perfect with unbelievable subject matter. This is an example of how exciting HDR can be. And about the light/dark patch in the water...the photographer bhophoto said..."In case you're freaking out about the darkish matter under the water...it's seaweed." It's absolutely astounding IN LARGE ON BLACK BACKGROUND. And just take a guess where this was taken...

Don't know exactly why the actual location of this shot freaked me out more that the seaweed in the water, but it did. I thought for sure with "under" as the search word that this had to be from Australia. Came to find out it was taken it was taken in Ulsan. Ulsan? Yes, Ulsan...Of course. It took me a little longer to figure out that Ulsan is on the southeastern coast of South Korea. Totally unexpected. Here's the link to the park where it was taken. I consider this the "sumthin' new" thing that I learned today.

No comments: