Thursday, March 15, 2007

March 15, 2007 HDR Chiller (Olympus)


Jalisco Landscape 2 HDR - Tone mapped, originally uploaded by Tiquis!. Click on pic, see it in Flickr

I picked today's search word because Fedex dropped off my new Olympus yesterday afternoon and I got to play with it some today (:>). And I noticed something after looking through most of the search results (982 pics)...it was painfully obvious that it was much more difficult to find a poor shot (seriously). Olympus users have better sense, I guess. So after a series of Chillers the last few days where I chose them in part for their nonsensical subject matter, here is one with decent subject matter that I picked for a different reason...it's obviously totally overblown. The taker admits as much and said that overblown look is what he's after. Fair enough, but in my opinion, stuff like this just bleeds away the integrity of HDR technique. See it here in large, if you must.

No comments:

Previous Pics