Thursday, March 20, 2008

March 20, 2008 HDR Thriller (painting)

Quiraing HDR. Uploaded into Flickr by aleatoric_yersinia. Click on pic to see it in Flickr.

I once mentioned in a previous entry that HDR photos sometimes look like Bob Ross paintings. Now I get a remarkable number of visitors who get to this site by Googling Bob Ross or the Joy of Painting TV series. I don't know if this one above looks like a Bob Ross or not, but it surely looks like a painting. A real Jawdropper that MUST BE SEEN IN LARGE ON BLACK to be appreciated.

But for you Bob Ross fans...HERE'S A POST that shows a challenging Bob Ross-like image that you can use as a model. Also...Ross videos are very hard to find on the web...must be a copyright thing...but here's one real Ross video I did find. And thanks for coming by.

And for the rest, some more fun...here's this shot without HDR processing, so you can see what effects HDR has had on it. A pretty big difference I'd say, particularly the sky.

No comments: